Quality Assurance Analyst
Competitive/Dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced QA analyst to join our expanding team, primarily working on open source web projects.
Ideally, you'll have a recognised qualifications such as BCS ISTQB, although not essential, as we value talent over qualifications – and have proven industry experience in manual and automated testing.
Although this role is heavily focused on testing there will be opportunity to get involved with the project team at the beginning of the project to lead in the creation of user acceptance criteria.
As an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst you’ll be expected to test all project and maintenance and support work. Along with setting up new QA processes and ensuring the right tools are being used to improve efficiency.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Implement best testing practice initiatives.
- Produce and execute test scripts for the CMS, user acceptance, regression and performance testing.
- Assist in the creation of user acceptance testing criteria.
- Ensure tasks are tested within project deadlines.
- Keep documentation on test results for each project.
- Working alongside Developers to ensure a quality output.
- Lead in the building of test automation.
- Design acceptance tests for both functional and non functional specifications/acceptance criteria.
Skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and methodical
- Team player
- Passion to learn on the job and pick up things quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working with software such as BrowserStack, Selenium and Behat or similar
- Experience working with Drupal would be advantageous
- Experience of building test automation frameworks and automated test scripts
- Experience working with Jira
Sound like you?
- Passionate about web development and the use of technology
- Support the principles of open source and contributing to the software community
- A problem solver
- A team player, sharing your opinions and willing to help others
- Can clearly and efficiently communicate with colleagues of varying technical expertise
- Is thorough and has attention to detail
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Shows initiative outside of what you are directly tasked with
- Strives to work to deadlines
A bit about us
As a new team member of Access, you will be welcomed to a close-knit team, currently of around 30 people, with a plan to grow.
Each member of Access is given responsibility to make any role their own. New learning and training is strongly encouraged and supported with our outstanding commitment to personal development – everyone is motivated to create their best work in a fun environment.
We know our greatest asset is our employees, and as such we’re actively seeking diverse applications. By joining us, and bringing your own unique experiences, you are helping to create a more inclusive marketing workforce. We can’t wait to work with you.
As a company, Access create, design, build, support and consult. We are a truly creative integrated agency – and we always do more than is expected. We are experienced and proactive problem solvers. We’re here to build, imagine and create industry-leading work. We deliver innovative marketing and digital solutions that answers difficult business challenges for some of the world's leading companies and organisations.
Why join Access?
- A collaborative, supportive environment that truly listens to its employees
- We’re a privately owned company that treats you as an individual
- Professional and Personal Development: mentoring, support, training and knowledge transfer (including membership of The IPA www.ipa.co.uk)
- An open approach to work, R&D and internal knowledge sharing
- Competitive salary
- Company contributed pension
- Regular subsidised social and industry events
- 24 days holiday, with extra days dependent on the length of employment
- Free, secure parking – for your car or bike
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Showers and lockers
- Free multiple, weekly fitness and wellbeing classes
Please apply by following this link.
Please note, we do not acknowledge or accept speculative applications from recruitment agencies.